Children are encouraged and supported to make their own choices …
and to follow their innate curiosity in the diversity and complexity of the natural world. We recognise the importance of free play and want them to spend time on what interests them, while having chance to expand their skills and understanding. Through this they develop
- Strong social skills
- High self esteem
- Confidence in their abilities
- Their knowledge of boundaries – physical and emotional
- The ability to identify and manage risk
- Their knowledge and understanding of nature as they follow the changing seasons
- Communication and language
- Physical ability
- Increased vocabulary stimulated by new experiences
- Ways of working together cooperatively
Adults are facilitated to experience the best sense of themselves…
through the stimulating effects of natural light, companionable activities, elemental experiences making fire, foraging, feeling the weather and noticing seasonal change in a beautiful woodland.
We offer activities which may provide new skills and a sense of achievement, or may simply be a way of stilling the mind by keeping the hands busy.
In addition, facilitated approaches to nature connection including mindfulness, Deeper Nature sessions and other practices guide participants into greater benefit from their relationship with the living world.
EcoWild’s values include…
- having fun within a responsive nurturing environment
- being participant-led
- having positive relationships
- encouraging creativity
- being environmentally sensitive
- honesty and accountability